Sunday 12 May 2013

J'attends / Old and New


"I'm waiting". 
What for?
To breath freely. 
To stare into the air and say - yes, it is over. Is it over? Something has gone, and something will begin.
I'm not waiting for the new phase to begin before the old will end. 
I'm waiting for the old to come to an end. 
As one gives birth to a new life, one can give birth to an end, in favor of a new life to come.
As the Bible mentions it, "the old will be removed in the face of the new"

So where is the end? And what am I waiting for?
To dye my hair with a colour of freedom and revolution? To wear my pair of jeans and throw my legs freely into the air? To ride into the open space of a field or  some wide and empty road, to circle around with my bicycle and feel as if I had wings?
To eat my ice cream within a crowded city and feel alone?
To buy the first fruits for my new kitchen and sense pride after cooking an egg?
What am I waiting for?

As to my humble opinion, I'd say I'm waiting for a myself to emerge, an honest one, a self-conscious one, a happy and inspired one, a powerful one, a reasonable one.
But opinions are only fruits of limited minds.

The heart will tell. It will know when I need to stop waiting and start working to achieve my goals. 
There is a time to wait and a time to work, a time to grow and a time to be born and start living.
J'attends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment